Waterford Decanter..Marked..But Can't decide which pattern.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by janettekay, Jul 2, 2014.

1. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Hi all..I have had this decanter since the 1970s..it is marked Waterford..but hard to figure out pattern..(guess it looks different on a decanter than on other pieces?).
    10 1/2" H with stopped. Is it Mooncoin ? My Mom gave it to me with Lismore glasses..but it sure does not look like Lismore ! Or do they add motifs on larger pieces? Thanks..janettekay

[​IMG]

2. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

I have the book "A collectors Guide Wateford an Irish Art" Your decanter is pictured on page 216. No pattern name is given, it is under the Still Life Section "Fancies" section and is just listed as "Square Spirit Decanter" which would indicate to me that there is no specific pattern name, just a piece to show off their cutting skill.

3. janettekay

I thank you so much for the info....but just a note.(in case you could not tell)..my decanter is round (only posted the close up shot for better view of pattern..)
    Here is full shot..

[​IMG]

4. Bdigger

5. Bdigger

It is the same decanter that is pictured in the book. I think they call it square because the top goes in flat at the top edge, and it isn't tapered.
    The stopper is the correct one also.

6. Bdigger

the one pictured in the book is round also. But if you are looking at it straight in in a photo, the profile looks square-ish.

7. Bdigger

OOPS! You are correct. After rechecking the book, I noticed the numbers of the pictured items are AFTER the item name. Your decanter just shows "Spirit Decanter" as the discription. Not Square Spirit Decanter. Sorry for the confusion! DUH!

8. janettekay

Thanks so much.....no wonder I could not find it..it is not the "norm". Hoping that makes it worth more!!! LOL

Draft saved Draft deleted