Featured Waterford Crystal Question

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Apr 30, 2022.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Board Friends - I am trying to help someone out on the eBay boards who is trying to identify a Waterford vase. The vase is 8" tall and she is looking for the pattern and any other info. A replacements.com image search failed to turn it up and I scrolled through every Waterford vase listed on Replacements and still couldn't find it. If I read correctly the mark would indicate it is later than 2000 but I'm not sure what the W under the seahorse represents. I only have this one picture collage. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. We are expecting storms later tonight and my dog is driving me crazy! Any help would be much appreciated (with the vase not the dog. The dog is hopeless). Thanks in advance.
    Don

279489923_10224227484827835_4061693687502629393_n (1).jpg

2. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Waterford started putting the W underneath in the year 2000, and it continues to this day. I suspect the vase is a giftware item (No pattern name). I did not find the pattern in my Waterford Book.

Figtree3 and Lucille.b like this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with it either. It's a variant on Lismore probably, but no idea if it has a name of its own.

Figtree3, Silverthorne and Lucille.b like this.
  4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you both so much! I passed the news onto her and suggested the only option left is to contact Waterford directly. I appreciate you taking the time to check for me as does the lady we assisted.

Figtree3 and Lucille.b like this.
  5. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

did they produce the same models after 2003 when a part was gone to Poland, Czechia and Slovenia ?
    lateron it was even more weird. via Asia to a Finnish company ?

6. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

JMHO, but I'm not seeing much similarity to Lismore.
    My niece is a Lismore collector and I've sourced quite a few pieces for her.
    That said, I don't know what it is but I agree that it was likely a piece of unnamed giftware. I look forward to hearing about Waterford's response. :)

Lismore:

Screenshot (57).png

Last edited: May 1, 2022
    Figtree3 likes this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Some was made in Malaysia, too.

Fid likes this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I think the paper tag says Ireland, not that the information does me much good.

9. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

With Waterford you never know where it's been produced unless you read the label. I have a Cassel bowl that has a Seahorse label reading Made in Portugal. If the label comes off I don't know how anyone would figure out where it was made. And I've got a Castleton vase without even an acid etched mark (that I can find anyway).

I have had other responses on the eBay group post. The responses there agree that this is a piece of giftware and an unnamed line. I would post a link to that discussion but Facebook has been acting weird lately and, even though we had a long back and forth, not all the replies are showing. Regardless, there is little new information there. I would like to thank you all again for looking at this post and sharing your information.
    Don

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted