Watercolor U.S.A member, Roy Nolen original art.

Discussion in 'Art' started by Armando0831, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Armando0831

Armando0831 Well-Known Member

image.jpg image.jpg On my trip to Oklahoma for Thanksgiving, I also picked up this nice watercolour/gouache painting by Roy Nolen who is a noted artist in Missouri. He recently passed away. Below is a story about Roy from the Watercolor Honor Society.

Roy H. Nolen, from Kimberling City, MO, passed away this year at the age of 83. His painting “Tuscany Studio,” became a part of the permanent collection of the Springfield Art Museum and was also displayed as part of an exhibit featuring the purchases of the Friends of the Springfield Art Museum, (FOSAM) in 2013. Another of his paintings, “Thai Dye” was included in Watercolor U.S.A. 2009.

Roy originally from Chicago, IL, worked and lived in the Kimberling City area since 1989. He was an artist who painted landscapes and architectural images primarily with watercolor and gouache. He studied at the American Academy of Art in Chicago and studied watercolor with Irving Shapiro, Arthur Barbour and Don Stone. He was also active in and had many friends at the Table Rock Art Guild in Southwest Missouri. His wife Lynn informed me that he was a man of many talents. In addition to being a dedicated painter, he was also musically talented and studied and played the piano.

Roy’s work can also be viewed on the WHS, Watercolor Honor Society, website in the member gallery.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted