Was Companion made by Montgomery Wards

Discussion in 'Tools' started by rknarr2, Oct 2, 2019.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I have an old companion with ball bearings push that I found on outer wheel of a walk behind reel lawn mower. I was wondering what company would have made and sold companion, what decade this might have been built in? I thought it was Montgomery Wards but am not sure. Thank you for your assistance in this request. Rob
    IMG_3375small.JPG IMG_3379small.JPG IMG_3382small.JPG IMG_3385small.JPG IMG_3390small.JPG

Michael77 and scoutshouse like this.
  2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

3. rknarr2

Michael77 likes this.
  4. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

You're welcome.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. BaseballGames

BaseballGames Well-Known Member

Not confident that website is completely reliable for information outside of woodworking machinery. We've got a Sears Companion power mower that's been running since it was purchased new in the late '60s or at least the very early '70s. Well, it was running until last October, but it konked out this spring. Can't find a decent small-engine repair service around here to fix it. Somebody with the right skills could open a small-engine repair shop around here and make a fortune.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    Figtree3, Michael77 and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. Michael77

Michael77 Well-Known Member

I cut my teeth pushing one just like that. :)

7. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    EEEEKKKK. I used to cut two acres of grass with that same type of machine. Took hours. My uncle gave me his with a power motor. Took half the time!!! I loved it. Yours is scaring me.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    greg

8. rknarr2

My mom sold the farm and in the hay barn loft was this reel lawn mower left by the last owner. So, I decided to bring it with my mom and me during the move and try to sell it. I think I did a couple strips with it and I was pretty much done trying it out. Two acres is a lot of grass cutting particularly with a manual reel lawn mower. Glad your uncle gave you a power motor Rob

Figtree3 likes this.
  9. rknarr2

The blades are so sharp that it won't even cut the grass...haha. A lot of teeth gritting...Rough. Rob

Michael77 likes this.
  10. rknarr2

I am going to try to find a decent small engine repair service here on face book online auctions. I think there are wanted ads I can apply and someone should know of any around here. I also could go to online and bulletin board trader guide. My weed eaters will not run. Sorry to here of your misfortunes with your sears companion power mower. Thank you for the heads up on the reliability of the information at the woodworking website. Rob

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted