W & W.H. Lewis Daguerreotype Cameras

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Lithographer, Aug 27, 2024.

1. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

I don't have an item to include with this post, just an interesting piece of information. One of my cousins and myself have been working on our family history and came across this information about the W. & W.H. Lewis Daguerreotype Company. It turns out that the senior William Lewis and his son H.J. Lewis were my 4X and 3X great grandfathers. When I was a kid my dad had always talked about his relatives being Welsh cabinet makers, but other than that, he did not know much about his family. Unfortunately we do not have any items pertaining to this venture. The only thing I have is a toy wooden boat that my dad thinks my great grandfather must have made. At some point, I think I will try to go to a museum and check out one these great old cameras. Thought I would share since I know there are some daguerreotype fans out there.

image006.jpg

image004.jpg

2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Very interesting -- Nice connection to find! You should be able to do some productive research on them and their business.

3. Sedona

Sedona Well-Known Member

Very interesting! Thanks for posting this.

Draft saved Draft deleted