Featured Visited all charity shops nearby and these are what I find interetsing...

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by shamster, Aug 10, 2024.

1. shamster

shamster Well-Known Member

This is going to be a long post.First, two tiny ceramic cuties I bought: 1.jpg 2.jpg

Google image search showing the pot being vintage and Bulgarian? And no information and match for the pelican.
    3.jpg
    An old box, probably the oldest thing I've found in charity shop, has same hinges and lock with my georgian and victorian boxes. But not good looking enough, so didn't buy it. 6.jpg 5.jpg 4.jpg
    These two are not found in charity shop but a proper antique shop, so the price will just be normal market level. Only bought the banded agate glass one, said to be late art deco. And indeed to find a massive one like this.
    7.jpg
    I really like this tin caddy but unfortunately it got too many scratches and the lid has come off. But it did remind me to seek for a better one online.

2. shamster

Btw can someone give some keywords for the tin caddy? I've tried georgian style tea caddy tin but no matching... or shall I turn back for it tomorrow?

kyratango likes this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

4. shamster

kyratango likes this.
  5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I do think Bulgarian on the litle pot.

6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The second necklace in the antique shop is made from one of my favorites - opalite glass. Sometimes you'll find old ones that used to be faux pearl necklaces. The paint fell off and left the good part behind.

kyratango and shamster like this.
  7. shamster

Do you think £50 is a good price for a string of approx. 70cm then?:smuggrin: I didn’t buy it as I see they’re still making these glass today for a much lower price :(

8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The little pot is Bulgarian Troyan ware.

Any Jewelry, kyratango and shamster like this.
  9. shamster

Very lovely when having a handful of them put together

kyratango likes this.
  10. evelyb30

I'd say Fifty quid was wishful thinking. Twenty is more like it if they actually want to sell it, although a gold clasp would push the price up. That's a classic 20s/30s length though, so they may be thinking "oh it's Vintage so it's worth money."

shamster, Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
  11. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Ditto.

I like the banded agate glass, and agree it looks Art Deco.

shamster likes this.
  12. shamster

it seems that, using modern beads to copy one will cost less;)

13. evelyb30

Probably, if you can string it yourself. I hand-knot stuff all the time. It's not that difficult once you've figured out how.

Draft saved Draft deleted