vintage stemware i.d. GLASS

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Steven S., Sep 21, 2016.

1. Steven S.

Steven S. Well-Known Member

This is a wine or water stem. The faceted stem has a bubble within. I was hoping someone here might recognize it. Thanks a11aaDSC06940 (1).jpg

2. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

I believe your stem was made and decorated by Tiffin. It appears to be their stem #17679, and the band decor looks like there version of Minton. Usually the Minton band is encrusted in either gold or platinum, but yours appears to have never been encrusted

I didn't see an example of your exact stem, but you can see the stem shape here to see if the shape (ignore the decoration) matches yours

http://search.replacements.com/search/?query=tiffin+17679

3. Steven S.

Steven S. Well-Known Member

Thanks. That appears to be what it is. Oddly, there is no gold and I can't find that pattern without. I have a set of twelve that look minimally used with no trace of gold on them.

4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

As far as if they are wines or waters, we can't help without knowing the size. How many ounces do they hold?

yourturntoloveit likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted