Featured Vintage signed Turquoise Pendant-Type of Turquoise?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Alesia42, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

Hi everyone!....This is a lovely Turquoise pendant that I purchased from a Antique shop several months ago...its approx. 2in length x 1in width, was reasonably priced ....it's signed by Ella Peters (a Navajo silversmith)....on the back -(I googled the info).......but I don't know what type of Turquoise it is....so if someone knows please feel free to share...Thanks! rsz_turquoise_pendant_w_flash_w_orange_daylillies_006.jpg rsz_turquoise_pendant_w_flash_w_orange_daylillies_010.jpg rsz_turquoise_pendant_w_flash_w_orange_daylillies_012.jpg rsz_turquoise_pendant_w_flash_w_orange_daylillies_013.jpg rsz_art_japanese_pitcher_turquoise_pendant_066.jpg

2. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

You would need to ask Ella Peters if she knows which mine the turquoise came from.

pearlsnblume, TraceyB and Bronwen like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

4. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

reader, TraceyB and Bronwen like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Yes.Yes.yes./.yes.../yes of course..././

the link sez........

"""""The small Lander stones we have available were originally purchased from Bob Johnson, one of the owners of the mine."""""

so maybe it could be.....

I'm just showing a similar stone to compare....

the question is ''what type of stone'''

6. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Of all my turquoise the only turquoise I can identify is a buckle from Cerrillos as I know the silversmith (Anglo) mined his own turquoise and only worked that one mine. I don’t think that I’d ever believe anyone else on mine attribution of anything. Don’t even think about it OP unless the artist can identify it and even then, turquoise is bought, not mined by the artists with rare exception. Your piece is beautiful, just sell it by the artist as Ella Peter(s) Navajo Large Spider Black Matrix Turquoise Pendant Sterling Silver.

BTW Please check the name. It’s not clear to me but I believe
    the artist is Ella PETER not Peters.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    komokwa, Bronwen, Pattywithay and 2 others like this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The image is blurry, but Peter is more likely than Peters. There's no S on the end and only five letters. The stone is from wherever the smith got it.

Draft saved Draft deleted