Vintage record cabinet

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Katmchere, Sep 5, 2023.

1. Katmchere

Katmchere New Member

Any input on what this is worth? IMG_5518.jpeg IMG_5519.jpeg IMG_5523.jpeg IMG_5525.jpeg IMG_5526.jpeg

Lucille.b likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

this is not a site for getting valuations....
    there are just too many unknowns..

it's nice though for an older persons record collection..

BoudiccaJones, Lucille.b and aaroncab like this.
  3. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

Try putting it on craigslist, facebook marketplace, or even your next yard sale, ask $100 and take what can and reclaim the space in your home. ;)

verybrad, Lucille.b, sabre123 and 2 others like this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The serial number shows that the cabinet was made on March 28, 1970.

5. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Also nice for a younger person's record collection. Where I live it's the young folks crazy for LP's nowadays!

Although LANE furniture is sought after in the MCM world, this has a bit more traditional look so might not appeal as much to the MCM crowd. I'm sure well made as LANE is nice quality.

I can tell you that I sold a light weight vintage record cabinet two months ago for $40 on Craigslist. Half the size of this one, and half the quality. Mine had a bit more of an MCM look, but was an off brand. A neighbor who was moving had it out with a bunch of other furniture and a FREE sign. The cabinet's handles were missing, but I have a friend who collects old vintage handles and we put a good look together, we're going out with the $40 proceeds for lunch.

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Also nice for a younger person's record collection. Where I live it's the young folks crazy for LP's nowadays!

oh...I git that !!;)

Just.......not seeing them want to store their LP's.....in Dads old record cabinet !!

:yuck::yuck:....:inpain:

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Only if it's MCM.;)

komokwa and johnnycb09 like this.
  8. Katmchere

Katmchere New Member

Thanks, we did think that’s how it translated but good to get confirmation from
    Someone who knows.

Is it odd that the model no and serial no were blacked out and slightly different ones added?

komokwa likes this.
  9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Seems strange to me, but perhaps @Drew knows about it.

komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted