Featured vintage or antique lighting/lanterns

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by dude, Mar 22, 2021.

1. dude

dude Well-Known Member

Saw these at a yardsale yesterday. The home owner was asking a lot more than usual yardsale prices. Does anyone recognize them? Sorry I don't have better or more pics or specifics. Thanks.

IMG_20210321_111032.jpg IMG_20210321_111126.jpg IMG_20210321_111034.jpg

2. dude

dude Well-Known Member

This one, too. IMG_20210321_111037.jpg

Firemandk and Darkwing Manor like this.
  3. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    komokwa, patd8643, Figtree3 and 3 others like this.
  4. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

@dude! Do you go to the best yard sales, or what? Lots of plastic 1990s toys and ripped up kid's clothes at the ones I go to....:(

Very nice early 20th century pendant lights. I would look carefully on the glass and frames for maker's marks. And yes, if I were the owner I'd charge more than yard sale prices for these. In fact, I wouldn't sell them.

5. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Oh lucky you! We get a lot of broken jelly jars here ;)

bercrystal, MMarkussen and dude like this.
  6. Barbara W. Preston

Barbara W. Preston Active Member

The top one with the peacocks is exactly like the one my grandmother had at her home in St. Petersburg, Florida on 31st Avenue and 18th Street North. House is still there, but do not know about the light. House was built by my grandfather in 1924 in the craftsman style. It had the most beautiful stucco walls, brick fireplace, curved doorways, and built in cabinets every where. So you certainly can date that lamp to early 1920's.

Firemandk and dude like this.
  7. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

Those first two might be reverse-painted.

dude and Roaring20s like this.
  8. Roaring20s

Yes, those look to be textured glass on the outer surface and hand painted on the interior. ;)

Darkwing Manor and dude like this.
  9. MMarkussen

MMarkussen Member

These are beautiful!

dude likes this.
  10. dude

dude Well-Known Member

Thanks. I am now the proud owner. Am wondering if cleaning them up/ rewiring will decrease the value and if not what best to use on the copper.

MMarkussen likes this.
  11. Roaring20s

I see no reason not to rewire a functional fixtures like this.

As fir the copper colored one. Do not disturb the interior of the painted glass surface. No need to try and shine up the metal. The decorated frame is painted spelter and the top look fine as is. Just wipe it clean with a damp rag and enjoy it. ;)

James

Draft saved Draft deleted