Vintage Neiman Marcus Bowls

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Alex Peterson, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Alex Peterson

Alex Peterson New Member

Screenshot_20180822-091640_Facebook.jpg I recently acquired these vintage bowls, but honestly, I have no idea what they are and I cannot find anything on them anywhere. They're Neiman Marcus and from Italy. I think they are Morano glass and have gold leaf. Other than that, I have no idea on what they are worth or anything. I've tried different forums, fb groups and still come up empty handed. Hopefully, someone on here could help!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

B11AE57F-B849-41E0-883E-3800754CC715.jpeg Welcome to the Forum, Alex! Please include photo of the bottom (check box Full Size for all images) also include reference of size. :)

pearlsnblume and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Please also include photo of the label.

Debora

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

Nieman Marcus retailed them likely also available to other high end dept stores. Frankly they look more mainland Italy then Murano to me.

5. Alex Peterson

Alex Peterson New Member

20180822_102953.jpg @Debora

Not the best quality, but here you go.

6. Alex Peterson

Alex Peterson New Member

I can get pictures of the bottom and I will use a measuring tape to get sizes when I get home this evening!

7. Alex Peterson

Alex Peterson New Member

FB_IMG_1534948422490.jpg Here is another picture that could help with size (the wood floors in the background give relative size).

Christmasjoy likes this.
  8. Alex Peterson

Alex Peterson New Member

FB_IMG_1534948624953.jpg And this is something similar I found on the internet, but there is very little information

judy, Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
  9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I don't think those are terribly old. Could be wrong, but given shape, scale and finish, IMO not vintage. But will say that Neiman-Marcus is a high end department store and those would have been an exclusive.

Debora

Christmasjoy and Alex Peterson like this.
  10. Alex Peterson

Alex Peterson New Member

If you could guess how much it was worth, what ballpark would it be in?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  11. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I don't know if we're allowed to use links connected to items for sale but if you search "Vintage Neiman Marcus Red and 24K Gold Leaf 10in bowl" you'll find one offered on ebay for $250.00. Please remember that's an asking price. It seems high to me but the Neiman Marcus connection does seem to give items a premium.
    Don

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  12. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

There's only one answer to that and -- without being factitious -- like anything an item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Above obviously a bit wishful. Wouldn't have cost anywhere near that when new. But still, pretty ware.

Debora

Christmasjoy likes this.
  13. Alex Peterson

Alex Peterson New Member

Well, thank you guys for all your help, and ya, that is how a free market goes, lol.

14. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Just between us (and everyone else on the forum,) if it were mine and I were listing on eBay, I'd expect $35 - $45 per bowl. Opinions of others may vary widely.

Debora

dgbjwc and pearlsnblume like this.
  15. Alex Peterson

Alex Peterson New Member

That is probably what I will expect, but it is 24k gold leaf and I've seen "lesser high end" bowls go for more. We will see. Like you said, it is only worth what people will pay for it (between us and others on the forum, they came on a table in an auction, and I got the table for a really good price).

judy likes this.
  16. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

While gold leaf is pretty, it does not necessarily add a great amount of value.

Debora likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted