Vintage lamps?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Renge Grace, Mar 10, 2024.

1. Renge Grace

Renge Grace New Member

IMG_4104.jpeg 03FE3D6C-27B6-4D99-8EE0-EC704A5AC41A.jpeg Hi there. Thanks for the acceptance to the group. I have some unique lamps I’ve been unable to find online anywhere else and wonder if you all might be able to tell me something about them? I don’t know lamps, but it seems odd to me that I can’t even find something similar to these in 1/2 hour of google searching. They have stickers on the bottom “made in China” so I guess they’re not treasures beyond their uniqueness and quality.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
    komokwa likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Would you be kind enough to post additional photographs such as the entire lamp itself, the cord and plug, and the Made in China sticker?

Debora

03FE3D6C-27B6-4D99-8EE0-EC704A5AC41A.jpeg

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Yup......better pics.... and sizes..
    where did u find them...
    where do u live
    how long ya had them....

help us....to help you !

Ps. a half hour of google searching, is only good if you used the right keywords, and if someone already posted similar items online.
    Not everything is already on the web !

4. Renge Grace

Renge Grace New Member

5. Renge Grace

Renge Grace New Member

hi Debora. I’m so sorry, should’ve mentioned in my post that every other photo I’ve tried of the lamps will not post because the system says it’s too big. These are normal iPhone photos so I’m not sure what’s going on. Maybe if I edit each one into a chunk of the lamp, the system will accept it.

6. komokwa

no......... the site demands photo's be under 1 MB in file size.....

7. komokwa

this should help...

You might want to copy and save this for reference for a while....it helps when you're new!!!:rolleyes:

For Future reference, when posting images:

Each image MUST be UNDER 1 MB....
    There are instructions on site here on how to reduce the size of your image, if that is the problem......you are allowed up to 10 images per post!!! Here are some links to the instructions:

Try emailing them to yourself as "medium" size, they should then be under 1 MB!

If on the computer:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/posting-a-thread-and-uploading-pictures.15990/

If on an iPhone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/resizing-photos-on-i-phone.35097/

And if on an Android phone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/using-an-android-phone-for-pics-on-antiquers.41709/

As an added note, when you have your photos LISTED, BUT BEFORE you hit POST, please click on the wording that says to "INSERT EVERY IMAGE AS FULL IMAGE" !! That way, we're not clicking on little thumbnails, but get to see all of the images full sized!! Thanks! Remember, it takes a bit for MOST new members to get the hang of it, but it's really quite simple once you get used to it!!!" If you still have questions, DON'T hesitate to ASK!!!!

Renge Grace and Debora like this.
  8. Renge Grace

Renge Grace New Member

thanks very much!

9. Renge Grace

Renge Grace New Member

Ok, I got the instructions and resized 4 photos—thanks for the help. I bought these lamps from a young couple in St Augustine, FL, back around 2008, for under $50, as I recall. They measure 2’ up to where the metal shade bracket begins, the base is 7”x5.” I welcome your input.

IMG_4101.jpeg IMG_4104.jpeg IMG_4103.jpeg

komokwa likes this.
  10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I did a quick Google Images search and came up with lots of similars -- lamps with elephants and pineapples. They were probably new when you bought them. But don't they have shades? Shades are helpful for dating.

Debora

s-l1200.jpg

H19228-L282147265.jpg

komokwa likes this.
  11. Renge Grace

Renge Grace New Member

Hi there. Those examples look vaguely similar but are missing the marble/onyx (?) rounds, (don’t know what they’re called). I did not see anything that had those plus the elephants. Here is a photo of the shades. A couple years back the interiors disintegrated and happily I was able to rip them out and the shades still look fabulous. Perhaps raw silk? Linen? Or synthetic, I’m not sure. IMG_4137.jpeg IMG_4136.jpeg

12. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I suspect polyester masquerading as raw silk.

Debora

Draft saved Draft deleted