Vintage, Kreamer Ware, Chrome, Bread Box, 1950s, MCM, Pie Shelf

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by rknarr2, Oct 7, 2023.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

Before I list this on ebay, I wanted some opinions as to whether I am being too
    critical and sabotaging myself of potential buyers, just right or not critical enough on the condition of this bread box? Here is what I wrote for the listing as follows:
    Vintage, Kreamer Ware, Chrome, Bread Box, 1950s, MCM, Pie Shelf
    I will not sugar coat it. Fair condition. Cleaned the bread box up with simple green.
    Outside chrome shows scratches, pitting and some rust. The back and bottom shows
    some rust. Inside lid shows water damage particularly along the edges. Worn off
    chrome on the inside shelf and inside walls, top and bottom.
    Here are the pictures that I am submitting for the listing

Dimensions are about 16" x 11" with door edge or 10 1/4" with door open x 11" tall.

IMG_0319small.jpg IMG_0315small.jpg IMG_0316small.jpg IMG_0317small.jpg IMG_0318small.jpg IMG_0308small.jpg IMG_0309small.jpg IMG_0314small.jpg

judy, moreotherstuff and Bronwen like this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Honestly? The condition would be a hard pass for me,and I like stuff like this.Id spray paint that sucker.

Sedona, judy, Bronwen and 1 other person like this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

You may not get a buyer but you are best to go this route. Your pictures are good and detail your verbal description.

judy and Bronwen like this.
  4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Is "pie safe" another term for it?

judy likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Where did the term "pie shelf" come from? And what is "Kreamer Ware?"

judy likes this.
  6. rknarr2

I saw it in my research on ebay.

Bronwen likes this.
  7. rknarr2

I saw it in my research on ebay. Kreamer Ware is on the back of the bread box. I made sure that I saw the letters on the back of the bread box correctly, too. I do not know for sure but I think it is a brand name because I found a bread box just like mine but in alot better condition but it had Garner Ware on the back of its bread box. Also, I saw other Kreamer Ware bread boxes in my research, too.
    Rob

judy and Bronwen like this.
  8. rknarr2

Thank you for your candor.
    Rob

judy likes this.
  9. rknarr2

Thank you for your candor. I think you and I have exchanged words before.
    Rob

judy likes this.
  10. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Thanks, Rob. Because I did not see the name in your pictures I wanted to ask since I had not hear the name before.

judy likes this.
  11. rknarr2

I wanted to upload the back of the bread box that has the name. The name on the back is backwards so I suppose it would be forwards inside the back of the bread box. However, even after I revized the picture down to the lowest levels, the picture came back too large. I learn something every day.

judy likes this.