Featured Vintage-Herman Miller-Eames-Vinyl Covered Shell Chairs...Info??

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by SPERLS, Nov 2, 2017.

1. SPERLS

SPERLS sperls

I have seen many of these...But not with this type of covering,with the Criss-Cross stitching on the seat??...No Markings or labels??...Any info appreciated..Thank You IMG_20171102_140255961.jpg IMG_20171102_140129030.jpg IMG_20171102_134647875.jpg IMG_20171102_134630701.jpg IMG_20171102_134623384.jpg

2. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Well those are cute!

3. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

The price is NICE!!!! Looks like you'll have to look CAREFULLY for that stamped name!!!!!!! It doesn't look too easy to see!

SPERLS, KingofThings and James Conrad like this.
  5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Looks right to me but you need to check the details against known examples to be sure.

SPERLS and KingofThings like this.
  6. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Anyone have a clue of value?

SPERLS likes this.
  7. SPERLS

SPERLS sperls

Thanks to all of you,for your reply`s...I have looked at pictures of over a 100 similar side chairs...The ones with the same covering as mine were all Eames DKX...They had wire-cage backing & were labeled or had markings...Mine does not??....Did not see any like mine??....What are they worth??...I will take them to a local auction house & find out???

KingofThings likes this.
  8. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

IMO these chairs are modern day , the welding is mig and the quality is not there .

KingofThings likes this.
  9. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

The earlier chairs that are more desirable are made of fiberglass. This looks like an injection molded plastic one to me, they started making them in plastic in 2001 after his death. That is also the least desirable style of base. I know the fiberglass ones are all marked in the mould as well as given a paper label, and I've read online that is true of the plastic ones too though I don't have personal experience. So really hunt for a mark. There are licensed and unlicensed reproductions made in plastic still today, so it is possible they are reproduction.

Draft saved Draft deleted