Vintage Frosted Glass Bud Vase Ruffle

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Brian Warshaw, Jul 11, 2023.

1. Brian Warshaw

Brian Warshaw Well-Known Member

I picked this up this morning. Attractive white frosted glass bud vase. Fine ribbed vintage frosted glass bud vase.

I say glass; I think it is glass, but when I flick with fingernail or fork it it doesn't give a ringing sound, it a dull sound. Logically I can explain the dull sound as function of the ribbing strengthening the glass and preventing it from resonating. Am I right?

There is no sign of any seams, so presumably hand crafted (blown).

At the bottom of the glass there is a moulded mark, which I interpret as ""YR" within a 1 cm square. I haven't managed to locate it.

Height: 6.0 cm
    Diameter bottom: 5.0 cm
    Diameter of middle bulge: 6.2 cm
    Diameter of rufffle: 5.8 cm
    Weight: 180.0 g

Sorry about the photographs, they are difficult to take.

I would appreciate your help in finding the manufacturer and country of manufacture.

I found two similar vases, but without manufacture's mark. Here is one of them:-
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125381846754?
    hash=item1d315726e2:g:xKIAAOSw0wRiszm5&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAABAHgRFoa4onqVV%2FYnB39YhMHTS2yiAcm4GBbeufUaoFoVhcpB2iJorbvD85goK8pXIaYc6%2BCoq8rRunpNVsAuwiCqAkm63BLUAZDC0yMUEwnEKj8hsOUMkDY2GIUjhaboUh95rqVz7RJ0vHHbxmu8VIWCw1qsOmKVVcBMxyD3dSWSAHyXTxGmZSZYkN4ZiWsJfZz27gYSIN1D02SG8P%2B8dIBpU14sTrwLW6uM4fNet2bJiXRSNS1fMJNqyjO0W7S5yo0GIXD7uI3WisXF%2FB0vQIfVXLRYOE8iGMxIO1DJm0zLS3vrQ6cNMhG13YwjK1jtsBcf4BQwfkN%2B08NGtX2fRpc%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR8iP-tKoYg

EE.jpg

CC.jpg

DD.jpg

HH.jpg

AA.jpg

GG.jpg

II.jpg

FF.jpg

Thank You.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That’s the old yves rocher logo I think.

Brian Warshaw likes this.
  3. Brian Warshaw

I'll look it up, thanks. Is that the perfume people? Spent a fortune to me, in my early 20s, buying l'Opera for a girlfriend. Blimey, that's 60-years ago.

4. Brian Warshaw

@Ownedbybear
    images.jpg

1594287466.jpeg

Have still to find the vase, but am now confident that it is glass; and might add a couple of Euros to the price if I sell it.

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It’s definitely glass. That plate is one of their giveaways and I think that’s what your vase is, too.

Yes, the cosmetics company. They did catalogue mail order and you could get trinkets, gifts and freebies.

Brian Warshaw likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted