Vintage fabrics, crochet needles...and a pillow

Discussion in 'Sell' started by CluelessFarmBoy, Aug 24, 2021.

1. CluelessFarmBoy

CluelessFarmBoy Active Member

Just finished and estate sale and found myself with a Rubbermaid tote full of vintage fabrics, fabric scraps, trims, cords, sheets, a pillow and a set of knitting needles. Now I know some vintage fabrics can be worth a lot of money and I'm willing to bet at least a few scraps in here have some value to them one of them is just a small square that had a card tape to it it said retired and price reduced to $36 for that little square, now if you're reading this and interested then I'm sure you know more than I do about vintage fabrics and the like so go ahead take a peek ask questions make an offer, make some pillows or curtains, clothes, furniture skirtings, whatever you want to make, cheers! kmc_20210824_233047.jpg kmc_20210824_233029.jpg kmc_20210824_233021.jpg kmc_20210824_233017.jpg kmc_20210824_233013.jpg

Attached Files:

2. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

The "little square" would be a sample, the price would be per yard of usually 54" or 60" wide fabric...

~Cheryl

CheersDears, CluelessFarmBoy and judy like this.
  3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

From what I can see of your photos, they seem to be scraps of upholstery weight fabrics........the trims appear that way too....for upholstery rather than for clothing.

@evelyb30 what do you think?

CluelessFarmBoy likes this.
  4. CluelessFarmBoy

Ahh per yard, nice! I just learned something, thank you kindly.

judy likes this.
  5. CluelessFarmBoy

I thought that about being for furniture as well, especially the trims, an ottoman and then curtains are what first came to mind looking at the trim.

judy likes this.
  6. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Sample pieces of certain designers/manufacturers (ie: Brunschwig & Fils) can bring top dollar but, without knowing the designers of the fabrics, it'll be hard to achieve a significant value on any of your scraps. Sorry, JMHO!
    The yellow floral is pretty...

judy and CluelessFarmBoy like this.
  7. CluelessFarmBoy

No need to apologize, as my handle states, I'm clueless so I appreciate the insight, I'll dig around and see if there's any papers or tags floating around the bottom of the tub.

bluumz and judy like this.
  8. CluelessFarmBoy

Well, I was unable to produce any means of identifying any of the fabrics other than the trim pieces which are all on the original cardboard "spools" if anyone is interested in these fabrics/trims then speak up because I'll let them go for cheap as I have no use for any of it. Cheers!

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted