Featured Vintage Egyptian royal lotus necklace.

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Silverking53, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Silverking53

Silverking53 Member

Hello everyone. So about 4 years ago I stopped at a yard sale. This lady had a table full of individually bagged jewelry. Quick look I seen the prices at 0.50$-2.00$ each. I know enough to tell there was some nice stuff in there. I quickly offered to buy the whole table. I paid 125$ for the entire lot. About 80 pieces in all. I found this piece in the lot. Long for gotten I had put it into a storage box. I happened across it about a month ago. It again sparked my interest. So I did lots of research trying to learn the hallmarks. Definitely Egyptian hallmarks unsure the year or maker. I took it to a few places to have it tested. It was acid tested , filled and acid tested again. And tested electronically, all three places said it was 18kt. The first place I had it looked at was a local pawn shop where I go regularly to have my pieces tested. They offered me 600$ for it immediately. I said no thanks just wanted to make sure it was real gold. So they offered me 800$ then 1,000$ I still refused. One thing I have learned is if they offer you anything it definitely worth something. So after confirmation of it being real gold my next thought is how old is it. And where did it come from. From what I have learned I’m thinking it my 1950’s eta . Well I know it is 18kt gold with fine lapis lazuli stone. Each individual segment is carved from a solid piece of lapis lazuli not pieced together. Each individual segment of the necklace is hallmarked even both sides of the clasp. Any help identifying the year or maker would be greatly appreciated. DCEC161F-14F8-485E-9BDE-CA4D93A0F3E2.jpeg 0908D529-A5D1-4E27-8932-DBFCC2CA07B9.jpeg A7C7FE7C-5DD6-4A8D-BD46-FBB197DA4745.jpeg 0D2FE78E-A375-4E0E-A340-55CE5AC7770B.jpeg ED480EBB-20F9-4E8E-88E0-23657CE550BA.jpeg DE7D20B7-2E01-4972-AF63-10267A37DB6A.jpeg 56E31BA8-C0B9-4901-B800-C3AE268CBEC1.jpeg E5E6A50E-A26A-4A2A-8C9E-0E4FA32F7141.jpeg CA4DE2DF-D495-4A40-A425-FB9CB7F1B20B.jpeg

mirana, dude, lovewrens and 19 others like this.
  2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Absolutely beautiful. I'm eager to hear what people say.

dude, lovewrens, johnnycb09 and 7 others like this.
  3. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

OMG:woot::woot::woot:
    Stunning!!!!

dude, lovewrens, johnnycb09 and 7 others like this.
  4. Rufus@frockstarvintage

Rufus@frockstarvintage Well-Known Member

Wow! Be warned, we are going to want to see other pieces from that haul :cool:

dude, bercrystal, johnnycb09 and 7 others like this.
  5. Silverking53

Silverking53 Member

I might have a couple pieces left. About 97% has been sold or traded. I know I have the 1937 class ring somewhere. I had a gut feeling this piece was something special that’s why I had put it away.

dude, johnnycb09, kyratango and 3 others like this.
  6. Rufus@frockstarvintage

Ah, well. I’ll get over it, although I can’t speak for the others - but as long as you keep showing similar items, we’ll be ok ;)

dude, bercrystal, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Isn't that unusual? Quite pretty.

Debora

8. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

For starters, it has assay marks for 18K. I have been told Egyptian gold can be odd degrees of fineness due to melting down & blending pieces of differing qualities. 18 should be a minimum.

Date letters:

EgyptianDates3 redo.jpg
    Could be 1978?

dude, bercrystal, IvaPan and 4 others like this.
  9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Wheeee - looks like this one made your money back, even if the rest had been junk. And then some. NICE piece!

10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

that's certainly one that got away from whom ever owned it !!:jawdrop:

11. Silverking53

Silverking53 Member

Thank you for the info.

dude, Robert Ransom, IvaPan and 3 others like this.
  12. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Give me that.

Lord, it's fabulous. Worth way over scrap. You'll probably never find the exact maker but there's some superb goldsmiths in Egypt.

13. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

Very unique design. great find.

Silverking53, dude, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  14. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Hand it over and nobody gets hurt !

15. Silverking53

Silverking53 Member

Only a few pieces where really nothing. But the majority was very nice . I wish I had saved photos of the beautiful vintage pieces.

16. Silverking53

Silverking53 Member

I’m glad I was smart enough to hold on to this piece.

17. Silverking53

Silverking53 Member

It really is a nice piece. The design flows nicely.

Bronwen likes this.
  18. Silverking53

Silverking53 Member

Thank you the design very nice. To me it looks like lotus flowers and scarabs.

19. Rufus@frockstarvintage

…..only to have it disappeared all these years later… in a seedy, unlit alley of the Dark Web…. rolled by a rabid gang of Antiquers with a ‘bearish’ British leader.
    “I still hear her dreadful shrieks of “BLOIMEY”, “OI, GIMME!” and “IT’S MOIIIINE, INNIT!!!” Mr. King said.

Hmm. It’s chilling to think this jewel hoarder may still lurk amongst us :cool:

Bronwen and komokwa like this.
  20. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I've no idea who you're talking about......

Jool affairs are being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's, is all I'll say.

Draft saved Draft deleted