Vintage E. Paul Chambseix Litho/Print + help w/artist of 1960's surreal?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, May 9, 2023.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found a bunch of cool art at a local thrift store today (including a Park West Gallery Tarkay & Salvador Dali, a Botello print & a red, black & white Jackson Pollock style painting signed on the back by a Nancy Fine), but these 2 I need help with?

The first is a E. Paul Champseix litho? print? that when I did a google search on with Champseix in the help bar, I got a lot of hits of my piece - but they were all 1937 travel posters for Hossegor?
    I found 1 that showed a photo that looked like mine (without the travel text) but when I clicked on it, it said "can not be found"

Is my E. Paul Chambseix a original/vintage lithograph? I had to turn it upside down & tap it against the floor to see the signature because it has come loose from behind the matting. It looks like it's 24" to 30" top to bottom (we can't find our measuring tape!) - in last photos you can see the top edge where it looks like some might have been trimmed off? (and the print type looks old/vintage, right?)
    Can anyone find another like mine without the Hossegor text?

The 2nd one is surreal-ish (my first thought was 'shadow people' when I saw it!) and looks like the signature says Audrio? 60
    On the back there is a sticker that says MARCUS y MULDORUS and then in quotation marks RUIZ - it looks like this is a Mexican frame shop (I got this when I googled them:Marcos Y Molduras "Los Reyes" - Picture frame shop - La Paz, State of Mexico - Zaubee )?

Can anyone tell me anything about this piece? Who the artist is? Is it just decorative or something good?

I am grateful for any help - as always! - thank you.

ART PRINT E PAUL CHAMBSEIX 1AA.jpg ART PRINT E PAUL CHAMBSEIX 3AA.jpg ART PRINT E PAUL CHAMBSEIX 5AA.jpg ART PRINT E PAUL CHAMBSEIX 8AA.jpg ART PRINT E PAUL CHAMBSEIX 8cAA.jpg
    ART PRINT SHADOW PEOPLE AUDRIO 1AA.jpg ART PRINT SHADOW PEOPLE AUDRIO 5AA.jpg
    ART PRINT SHADOW PEOPLE AUDRIO 6AA.jpg ART PRINT SHADOW PEOPLE AUDRIO 8AA.jpg ART PRINT SHADOW PEOPLE AUDRIO 9AA.jpg

Roaring20s likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

journeymagazine likes this.
  3. journeymagazine

Thanks Debora - I did look at website but it just said moldings + FB will probably be faster!

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

"Molduras" can also refer to picture frame moldings. Not as common a usage in English.

Debora

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 4.50.52 PM.png

5. journeymagazine

They haven't answered my FB post to them w/a photo of it + I took the Chambseix poster out of the frame - the bottom was folded & when I opened it completely it turned out to be a 993 Editions Clouet copy of the Hossegor poster! (sigh)

Draft saved Draft deleted