Vintage Binoculars...WW2 ? Dr.Louis-Paris...I.D.Help??

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by SPERLS, Mar 25, 2018.

1. SPERLS

SPERLS sperls

I picked these up yesterday...Marked Derby 8x30..Dr.Louis Paris (Who is he??)...Also,I have not seen others,with this type of protruding optics on the eyepiece??..An IMG_2889.JPG IMG_2897.JPG IMG_2892.JPG IMG_2893.JPG y help appreciated.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

I’ve dealt with binoculars somewhat. French commercial Pairs 6 x 30 like that are nothing special. People are offering similar and better pairs on Eboo as low as $10. Marketability depends somewhat on condition of optical elements. If cracked, fogged, out of parallax, won’t focus, etc. they probably won’t sell. French optics in general aren’t popular with buyers, they’d prefer German, Japanese, Swiss. Check “sold” items on Eboo to see what similar ones have brought, if in fact any have sold. Good luck.

3. SPERLS

SPERLS sperls

Thanks Springfield....I usually pass on binoculars,but it was the Dr.Louis & the type of optics on the eyepiece,that got me to buy them ($3.00)....The elements are better than the newer ones I have..I`ll keep em for now!!

Christmasjoy and Houseful like this.
  4. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

The leather has been removed from the body tube too

Christmasjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted