Vintage/Antique Lipstick With Interesting Twist Up Mirror Identification.

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by VenusWillendorf, Jun 25, 2023.

1. VenusWillendorf

VenusWillendorf New Member

Hi there, I bought this lipstick recently. I discovered that when I twist the bottom to twist up the lipstick, a mirror also twists out of the side so that one can apply lipstick and look in the mirror at the same time. I find this fascinating and have not come across something like this before.

I have little information other than 'DES BOIS' written on the bottom of it, as well as a patent number and 'Switzerland' on the mirror. Does anyone have any further information/expertise that could be provided, please? I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks in advance,
    Hayley

KSW likes this.
  2. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

we need to see pictures please. usually the word bois relates to some type of wood.

KSW likes this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Yes, photographs please, Hayley.

Debora

KSW likes this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

There is a lipstick colour called "fraise des bois", which means wood strawberry.

KSW likes this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

More commonly referred to in English as "wild strawberries" as in "found in the woods."

Debora

KSW likes this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi Hayley, If you haven't posted images before, here's some help to get you started:

Each image MUST be UNDER 1 MB....
    There are instructions on site here on how to reduce the size of your image, if that is the problem......you are allowed up to 10 images per post!!! Here are some links to the instructions:

Try emailing them to yourself as "medium" size, they should then be under 1 MB!

If on the computer:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/posting-a-thread-and-uploading-pictures.15990/

If on an iPhone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/resizing-photos-on-i-phone.35097/

And if on an Android phone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/using-an-android-phone-for-pics-on-antiquers.41709/

As an added note, when you have your photos LISTED, BUT BEFORE you hit POST, please click on the wording that says to "INSERT EVERY IMAGE AS FULL IMAGE" !! That way, we're not clicking on little thumbnails, but get to see all of the images full sized!! Thanks! Remember, it takes a bit for MOST new members to get the hang of it, but it's really quite simple once you get used to it!!!"

KSW and Debora like this.
  7. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I use Lumii photo editor. Resize your pics before uploading to Lumii.