Vintage Americana, Cars & Stars

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by springfld.arsenal, Aug 11, 2015.

1. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

KingofThings and all_fakes like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Thanks, they don't make em like they used to !!

KingofThings likes this.
  3. milestoneks

milestoneks Active Member

Very Nice. Makes one wish for a time machine..............;)

KingofThings likes this.
  4. komokwa

On my walk to grade school , I'd pass by the same house every day & hope to see it in the driveway.
    I was so taken by the style , & the scoops on the side drove me to flights of fancy, so much so , that I asked my Dad to buy one , and store it for me until my 16th Birthday !

Well that never happened.....he thought I was nuts ! :banghead:

But I remember it well.....

[​IMG]

KingofThings likes this.
  5. springfld.arsenal

Today in the bank I saw a very attractive blonde 20-ish female in revealing clothes. Definitely in the entertainment biz, I figure, to dress like that. I just happened to be walking out right behind her and saw her drive away in her customized gold Mustang which completed my impression of her nicely. Mustang Sally she is.

6. komokwa

You were walking right behind her.....& didn't bump into anything ?? :hilarious:

7. elarnia

elarnia SIWL

8. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

In elementary school & middle school, all creatures are about equal. In high school is when the societal caste system kicks in. I still remember in sophomore year, one of the boys got a brand new Mustang. 1965. Oh, yeah. We quickly learned who were the haves and who were the have nots.

KingofThings likes this.
  9. springfld.arsenal

Nah, me lookie no touchee.

komokwa and KingofThings like this.
  10. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

11. KingofThings

Though I didn't quite know it that far back, I am a Chevy guy.
    My Chevy lovin' friend lost his marbles and bought one of the first Mach 1s. Ford decided I was a Chevy guy by the fact that the 2 of us, who knew what we were doing, took over 2 hours to change the spark plugs in that thing!
    I tuned in to '57s and Novas. Had a'69 SS that would pull the wheels on the street and a '63 convertible SS too that I was working on but got drafted. :(
    To 'replace' the '69 (never) I found what turned out to be a pretty rare car.
    The 1968 was still a Chevy II so this one is a '68 Chevy II Nova SS, one of only 5,470 built. That may sound like a lot but cars were built in the millions.
    This was the first of the 3rd generation Novas and many of these, mostly SSs, became drag race cars.
    I got her from the original owner in '86. She's not near as fast as the '69 was but that is just fine. :)
    She needs to be redone now but will look like this again! :)

Attached Files:

komokwa likes this.
  12. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Deuce coupe ;)

Motor?

KingofThings likes this.
  13. KingofThings

My car??? If so...
    350 - 295HP rated to cheat the NHRA rules by GM. ;)
    NHRA refactored to 305HP.
    With Muncie 4-spd, Posi, console gauge cluster including factory tach, black interior, buckets but the $22 disc brakes.............. NO! ;)
    All stock, no changes though she was green with a beige top! A COPO car no doubt but later he painted her white and replaced the vinyl top but they screwed up for it should've had 2 seams not one down the middle.
    This will be rectified. :)

komokwa likes this.
  14. komokwa

The Nova SS was my friends mothers car.....I don't know what year it was, but it went like stink off the line ....that was back in 73...but the car was a few years old by then.
    A couple of years later he got a 2nd hand Datsun 240Z, ( which nearly killed us both..) & his mom upgraded to a Cutlass 442.

Those were the days......sigh....

KingofThings likes this.
  15. KingofThings

Nice all.... Even the D.

komokwa likes this.
  16. komokwa

Funny story...The 240Z was of course a stick, so his Dad wanted to teach him how to drive it. ( we all got our drivers licences on automatics..)
    We went to a mall parking lot.
    Now that's ' we ' ...the 3 of us....& the 240z was a 2 seater.
    So as a best friend wanting to show his support....I lifted the rear hatch and scooched in the back !
    Curled up like a cat , I endured an hour of being tossed this way and that as my pal....with a real shaky left leg got the hang of the clutch...!

I had bruises ....where I didn't know I could get bruises !!!

From then on....I rode shotgun ! ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted