Featured Vintage Acoma NM Pottery Signed P. Mike

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by antiquelover69, Feb 20, 2023.

1. antiquelover69

antiquelover69 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what this pottery is,round with a small opening on top.Signed under bottom."Acoma NM P. Mike.I've had this pottery about 20 plus years.Been stored in my cabinet for years.Any idea what this is and who the maker is. SAM_9939.JPG SAM_9940.JPG SAM_9941.JPG SAM_9942.JPG

2. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

Did you find any information once you googled it?

judy likes this.
  3. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

It's likely called a seed pot as the small pots with a narrow opening were, back in the day, for storing seeds.

This looks like a piece of commercially produced ceramic that the artist then incised by hand.

judy, Any Jewelry, laura9797 and 2 others like this.
  4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

There does seem to be an Acoma artist named Patsy Mike, or at least there are a few online pots, but those I saw looked more traditional.

5. antiquelover69

No I couldn't find anything,maybe I'm not putting in the right heading

judy and Bronwen like this.
  6. antiquelover69

I found one! it's a seed pot.But the name on that pot is Dorothy Torivio Acoma Pueblo Pottery 2" Geometric Seed Pot.Thanks you all!!!! didn't know what it was

7. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

The known information ...
    P. Mike Acoma NM
    You could also add the word pottery. ;)

laura9797, antiquelover69 and Bronwen like this.
  8. antiquelover69

Thanks so much!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted