Vintage 14GF Necklace Maker Mark ID?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KevinM, May 9, 2016.

1. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

This is a vintage 14k gold filled & lapis lazuli 18" bead necklace on a linen strand I recently purchased. There is the letter "I" or a sideways "H" in a circle on the findings or clasp. Although I know I've seen this mark before I am not able to locate it on the internet. Does anyone know who made this necklace or who the maker mark is?

Thanks!
    Kevin

HPIM3353.JPG HPIM3358.JPG HPIM3361.JPG HPIM3364.JPG

2. Kingjoker

Kingjoker Well-Known Member

Chanel?

KevinM likes this.
  3. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Thanks for the fast reply Kingjoker! I think now that's where I saw it before, it resembles the oval with the Chanel CC logo in it! But it's so small it's hard to see if the C's overlap or not so I'm not sure it's not something else.

Kingjoker likes this.
  4. wenna

wenna Well-Known Member

That 3rd photo down; the mark sure looks like the overlapping Cs. Pretty!

5. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  6. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Thanks Wenna for your comments and thanks Susan for the links and comments! I've thought about the oval effect in the images and I think now that it's really a circle.

I'll explain, since the mark is less than 1mm in width and since I shot the photo straight looking down towards the center of the mark I thought for such a small mark there would be a high side on the top left through center and a low spot top and bottom due to curve of the clasp ring it was stamped on giving the stamp an oval effect.

So what I did was I shot the images from the lower side angle of the clasp to see if in fact it was a circle and from my analysis it appears to be a circle which appears similar to some of the ones I saw in the links. Please see enlarged photo images for details.

Thanks for any all comments!
    Kevin
    HPIM3371.JPG HPIM3372.JPG HPIM3373.JPG HPIM3377.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted