victorian era rummer

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Rclinftl, Aug 28, 2023.

1. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

roem.jpg roem2.jpg roem3.jpg roem3.jpg roem4.jpg

antique roemer type glass - etched - pressed moulded - oversized - measures 7 1/2" tall x 4 1/2" diameter - huge in the genre of a roemer - very heavy - any ideas ?

silverbell and johnnycb09 like this.
  2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Can't help except to say it is gray cut, not etched :)

3. Rclinftl

doh! I don't know where my head was last night - not roemer - RUMMER - and it wouldn't be victorian it would be georgian... sigh

komokwa likes this.
  4. Rclinftl

thanxies to whoever changed my title to rummer -

I found 3 of these - and I just noticed that 2 are identical but one is thicker and has a different engraved pattern... another observation is that they are press moulded 2 part - not three part moulds... roem6.jpg roem7.jpg roem8.jpg roem9.jpg roem10.jpg

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Roehmer is fine as a term, it’s the source derivative for Rummer.

Draft saved Draft deleted