Very small antique glass

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Quintenf, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Quintenf

Quintenf New Member

Hello everyone,
    I recently bought this glass because it looks very old to me. can someone tell me more about the period and region this glass belongs to? Image-2.jpg
    Image (2).jpg ,

Image-1.jpg

KingofThings likes this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Typically 1930s into the 1950s. Most of those seen over here are Bohemian/ Czech

3. Quintenf

Quintenf New Member

Thanks for your reply! Is there a certain name for these kind of glasses? And do they represent any value or are they worthless?

4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Cordial glass. I have ten sets of them that I got cleaning out the house of someone who collected them. Haven't been able to get rid of them because they seem to like me. ;)

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Or over here, sherry or liqueur. Minimal value but pretty.

6. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

So, now I'm picturing Miss Marple with a glass of sherry.

7. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

Not older than me so not very old. 1950 or newer use and enjoy. The condition of the gold severely affects value.

8. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

One thing to keep in mind when "sizing" up glassware...........from the 1920s through the late 1960s, early 70s, any 2 to 4 ounce glass was considered a "cocktail" glass. A lot of what we consider cordial glasses today were actually for any sort of cocktail. The American rush to "super-size" everything has given us the impression that what was once a red wine glass is now a cordial..............and the water glass a wine glass...............6 ounces of wine at a meal was vulgar. Particularly if you had more than one glass....................or six....................

9. Quintenf

Quintenf New Member

This glass has a diameter of only 2/3cm (1inch) and the height is about 3/4cm. Is this really a cordial glass? Because when I google cordial glasses they look totally different. This glass is much more rough. The edge isn't completly straight and so is the feet.

Draft saved Draft deleted