Featured Vase from WWII era

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by PortiaP, Sep 25, 2019.

1. PortiaP

PortiaP New Member

This is my first post so hope I’ve done this correctly! A366B304-E8B5-494A-B126-C4725737A0BC.jpeg My father brought this home when he returned from his tour with the Navy in 1945, to best of my knowledge. If I remember correctly, he was last in the Philippines, if I don’t know for certain if that’s where he got it. It’s in excellent condition but I know nothing about it except what I’ve written above and would greatly appreciate if anyone knows anything about it.

Attached Files:

2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi PortiaP!

Welcome to Antiquers......

I don't know a thing about it, but just want to congratulate you on such a wonderful photo of such a pretty piece.

Others will be able to help and will be along very soon.

3. PortiaP

PortiaP New Member

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words and encouragement.

pearlsnblume, scoutshouse and Sandra like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's definitely Asian. It could be either Japanese or Chinese for all I'd know, but the mark was done by hand. Your dad didn't bring home the usual, for certain.

5. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

Beautiful piece. There are some members that have more experience with Asian pieces. Some are in different time zones so have patience. Can you get a clearer photo of the mark?

6. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

This is Japanese, Fukagawa porcelain.

KikoBlueEyes, patd8643 and aaroncab like this.
  7. PortiaP

PortiaP New Member

Thank you. I certainly do love it. I did retake photo but haven’t found way to edit orig post! I’d like to add it, any idea on where I go to get “help”?

Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
  8. PortiaP

PortiaP New Member

Thanks so much

9. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Just add comments to your own post, like you've been doing by responding to other posters. Hit the POST REPLY button and then hit the UPLOAD FILE button add the file and then hit Post and off it goes!

10. PortiaP

PortiaP New Member

F637B016-B13D-4BE8-AC22-E4F63ADDA8B0.jpeg
    I was able to get a clearer picture of the signature on the base. View attachment 205100

11. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Nice photo, but Asian marks all look like Rorschach blots to me, LOL!

You can try here: http://gotheborg.com Look under Japanese marks (tab on left side). Glare and compare method.

Draft saved Draft deleted