USA Pottery Planter/Vase Swan With Lotus

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Jun 28, 2015.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Any suggestions on the maker?
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

lauragarnet and KingofThings like this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

I've not seen Lu-Ray do such a thing but maybe...or California Potteries.

3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It looks just like the Electro swan T.V. lamps, but without the lamp bits.

lauragarnet and KingofThings like this.
  4. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

I just found that too. Haven't found any info about who made the pottery pieces for ElectroLite, but looking at the Davy Crockett lamp by Electro at the T.V. Lamp site, I'd guess American Bisque.

Here's the links I collected while searching:

Vintage 1950's Light Green Drip Pottery Swan Electrolite TV Lamp / Night Light
    Measures 7 1/2 in length 3" wide About 6 1/2" at highest point
    Sticker on base- Genuine Electrolite, Electro Manufacturing Corp, Chicago, Ill
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/182988621/vintage-1950s-light-green-drip-pottery

Swan TV Lamps
    http://www.tvlamps.net/swan_lamps.html
    Electro Manufacturing
    The Electro Manufacturing Corporation produced TV lamps under the name Electrolite, and were located in Chicago, Illinois. Their lamps have often been attributed incorrectly to Shawnee, a company whose products they resemble somewhat.
    http://www.tvlamps.net/electro_lamps.html

KingofThings likes this.
  5. lauragarnet

[​IMG]
    From ebay, same color combo. Unless your swan is pink, Kard. I'm assuming it's just the lighting that makes your swan look pale pink....?
    VINTAGE SWAN TV TABLE LAMP
    ...8 1/2" long, 4" wide and 6" tall...There is a very small chip on the end of the lamp.
    eBay item number: 271851402173 Ended:May 03, 2015. 1 bid - Winning bid: US $25.00 Shipping: $8.95
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-SWAN-TV-TABLE-LAMP-/271851402173?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f4b9b33bd&nma=true&si=X3eZnvmmXX%2FkAR47LC04zXR8CC0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

KingofThings likes this.
  6. KingofThings

Now that's weird cause I looked there too...

Vintaged likes this.
  7. lauragarnet

What search words did you use King?

KingofThings and Vintaged like this.
  8. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Thanks a bunch.
    Mine swan is pinkish. But also although the front and the bottom look identical, the back side is different. I don't have space for a socket and there are no drilled holes for the cord.
    Wonder if the electro company did the pottery parts by themself or they were done by someone else?
    They mention in the TV lamp site that some Electro products are similar to Shawnee's.

KingofThings likes this.
  9. KingofThings

I tried Swan and pot, Swan with pot and Lu-Ray swan and pot. One of those should've hit that one in auctions and sold... I would think.

10. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I wouldn't think Shawnee. The bottom is wrong and most of their planters were marked with USA and a number if not Shawnee outright. Also Shawnee was out of business by 1960 and (if I remember correctly) most of these drip pieces were produced starting just a little later. I would also would lean towards American Bisque. Just for the record I think that the dealer saying the lamp was 1950's is a bit off.
    Don

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted