Urgent help - Post 1/3 - Can you help ID these plates for US customs? Staffordshire blue n white

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KylieS, Jul 6, 2023.

1. KylieS

KylieS Well-Known Member

Hello all! I have a large shipment of plates stuck in US customs - the new FDA regs with a 'red list' of makers is wreaking havoc with this one...I have 3 models of plates I can't ID, normally I sell them as unknown makers, but because this is a large shipment that has been inspected, they want to know every maker, date of manufacture, etc, along the ADDRESSES of all the manufacturers...(BTW Anyone know where Vieillard of Bordeaux are located these days?? )

Anyway, I've continued my research and, while I have found a few, there are 3 that are stumping me. In order to get a match or a more educated guess I'm hoping the hive mind can help me...

I apologise in advance for the image quality on some of these - I don't have the plates with me anymore so I have to make do with the images I took to list, and since they were all in groups, there is a bit of distortion and low resolution.

First plate: Staffordshire blue and white - marked, but no name - I'm really hoping someone recognizes this one! The shape is smooth inside with no defined plate rim, weight is quite fine, estimate age at mid 20th century.

Staffordshire-front1.jpg Staffordshire-front.jpg Staffordshire-wholeback.jpg Staffordshire-mark.jpg

I'll post the others separately to keep the IDs and leads clear! Thank you for any advice or info x

2. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

KylieS likes this.
  3. KylieS

KylieS Well-Known Member

Thank you so much! I did try a Google search but it just came up with every pattern on earth in blue and white - but this looks like a very good match! I think I will just go with that even though the mark doesn't match up with anything - they do use that phrase "semi porcelain - made in England" so it's probably correct. Thank you again!

4. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 6, 2023
    KylieS likes this.
  5. KylieS

KylieS Well-Known Member

Yep pretty annoying! I have declared them as decorative but you need to have stickers stating that on all pieces to avoid this rigmarole ... OR you need to prove to them you're not on the red list. Sigh.

6. KylieS

KylieS Well-Known Member

Hi all, just an update that the parcel cleared with my list of 2 addresses, plus 14 noted with just the town and "closed in (x) year" for the manufacturer list AND we didn't have to discard the unidentified pieces.

Now I just have to hope that they repacked it well and everything arrives safely!

Thanks so much to all who looked and replied! xo

Draft saved Draft deleted