Unusual Shaped Glass Vase - Age?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Mar 17, 2021.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

From the reseller's treasures is this unusually shaped purple vase with raised clovers. The color is what attracted me. It looks something like a bottle because it has flat sides, but it has a ruffled top, so that doesn't make sense unless there was a cork or stopper of some kind. It has seams on the sides. There are no maker's marks on the bottom. It isn't particularly heavy glass, and is 8 inches tall and 4 inches wide at the widest point. If it's not older, then I can pass it along. Your comments will be the judge. I appreciate any comments.

IMG_9743.jpg IMG_9747.jpg IMG_9744.JPG IMG_9745.JPG IMG_9746.JPG

bercrystal and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

pearlsnblume and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

Well that's the little puppy all right. They are calling it a vase. I see it's on a window sill. Maybe that's why it is so flat. Great find. Thank you.

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

5. KikoBlueEyes

6. KikoBlueEyes

In the real or repro site, it talks about the early pieces being without marks.
    "Marks-Labels Both free-blown and early mold-blown Clevenger pieces are not marked. It was not until about 1955 that Allie Clevenger began putting a small CB on the base of some of his molded ware. After 1966, when the company was purchased by James Travis, CB appears on all pieces. Most pieces made under Travis ownership now feature a large CB (Fig. 24), sometimes in addition to the smaller letters."

Also it has the piece in a catalog page called Clover vase.
    Have You Been Fooled by the Clevengers? (realorrepro.com)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    say_it_slowly likes this.
  7. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Popular in the shops about 20 years ago. The ones I'm familiar with came with a holder to use as a wall pocket.

Came in a variety of colors....amethyst, cobalt, green and amber.

I think they originally were popular in the 50's, but can't say for sure. Never knew of any particular manufacturer.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  8. KikoBlueEyes

Wonderful information on these pieces. Missing the holder. I'll have to enjoy it for a while and pass it on. Thank you.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted