Unsure of item with Gisela Gottschlich art.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Faith_Vrajitoare, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Faith_Vrajitoare

Faith_Vrajitoare New Member

I ran across these items in my grandmother's belongings but I'm not sure what they are. I've been calling them coasters. I believe they are Gisela Gottschlich's work but I don't know if they are from her line or if the images were taken and put onto the pieces. There are no markings or lettering anywhere on the pieces and they're about 4 inches in diameter. I was hoping someone might be able to tell me a little more about them. IMG_20201203_093503.jpg IMG_20201203_093510.jpg IMG_20201203_093518.jpg IMG_20201203_093526.jpg

2. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Hi, Faith, and welcome!

At 4", could these little plates be part of a child's tea set?

I remember those images quite well - late 1960's to very early 1970's, if I recall correctly. I could very well be wrong, but I always assumed that the images were issued as decals and licensed to a number of different manufacturers.

Here are a few other items with those images:
    Ehret vase (2) re.jpg Ehret mark re.jpg
    Vintage Anne Ehret Porcelain Bud Vase 1967 Shamrock Vase Mid | Etsy

Hyalyn-Trivet-Round-Ceramic-Tile-Boy-_re.jpg Hyalyn-Trivet-Round-Ceramic mark re.jpg
    VINTAGE USA HYALYN Trivet Round Ceramic Tile Boy And Girl EXCELLENT - $19.95 | PicClick

Royal albert boy on fence.jpg Royal Albert.jpg

Is there anything in particular about your little plates that leads you to think they're from any particular maker? (Most telling might be if you found other plates with the same rim design...)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Figtree3, i need help and judy like this.
  3. Faith_Vrajitoare

Faith_Vrajitoare New Member

Hi! Thank you for your reply! It makes sense that the images would be decals, I never even thought of that. I haven't found any other pieces with the same silver rimmed design. I'm just not sure if they're worth anything or not, especially since they don't have any markings or signatures outside of the artist's.

SBSVC likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted