Unmarked porcelain figurine

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Northern Lights Lodge, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Northern Lights Lodge

Northern Lights Lodge Well-Known Member

Hi Fellow Antiquers!
    I have this interesting figurine that I've been researching for several years and have not found any particular info about him. I'm hoping someone out there might have some knowledge about him.

He stands just shy of 5" tall and his quite heavy for his size - 5.5 oz. The base measures 1 7/8" x 2 1/4".

He's beautifully painted white glazed porcelain dressed as a dandy. His fancy striped trousers, boots and trims are a light sea green with darker green trim on his jacket, buttons and polka dot handkerchief. His face is exquisitely painted with blue eyes/black detail, pink cheeks and rosy mouth, brown hair and eyebrows. There is a vent hole on the top of the tree stump he leans against.

The underside of the base has some letters/numbers? The only ones I can read are the large central ones "1367 1" or it could be "1357 1". He unfortunately has a large chip on the side of his base...which has been glued and yellowed. Alas.

I am most curious about the maker, age and what the meaning of his polka dot handkerchief and cross on his hat may mean - if anything? Of course, if he had any value - that would be great!

I "feel" like he is French; but really no idea.

Thanks in advance to any replies.
    Sincerely, Leslie at the Northern Lights Lodge

Attached Files:

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

331B40CA-ECF3-44E1-A920-61638CB9DBF4.jpeg

maybe Ges. ???
    Germany

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted