Unmarked hand painted / gilt porcelain plate

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by aaroncab, Feb 4, 2017.

1. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Thrift store find - any idea of age / origin? I just like the decoration...seems maybe eastern European to my untrained eye? It's about 6 inches in diameter.

~

32260517020_6633e12362_k.jpg

~

32639863975_78cd1fb36f_k.jpg

judy and KingofThings like this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

That is lovely.
    Not high value with the star crack, but can still be displayed.
    Very nice.
    I would date this to late 1800s.

judy, KingofThings and aaroncab like this.
  3. aaroncab

Thank you very much for the information :) I have it on my desk right now - it is beautiful to look at.

KingofThings likes this.
  4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I love it. Somebody did a good job on the painting.

aaroncab likes this.
  5. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I wonder if it was one of those blanks that were painted by someone's great-aunt. I have some wonderful pieces that my aunt painted. She did put her initials on the back, but maybe not everyone did.

aaroncab and Figtree3 like this.
  6. aaroncab

Hi Bev :) I hadn't thought of that due to the quality of the painting - but I suppose that could very well be the case. Thanks for the suggestion!

Draft saved Draft deleted