unknown signed art nouveau pottery bowl

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dude, Dec 23, 2019.

1. dude

dude Well-Known Member

Once again I can't make out the signature. Surprise, surprise! Can anyone decipher it or tell me about the oddly shaped piece? It weighs about 3 lbs and is about 12" across the top (at the widest part) and 8 or 9" tall. Thanks! IMG_20191223_003406.jpg IMG_20191223_003353.jpg IMG_20191223_003301.jpg IMG_20191223_003111.jpg IMG_20191223_003326.jpg IMG_20191223_003127.jpg IMG_20191223_003137.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Sorry to say this is not Art Nouveau.
    Looks like studio pottery.
    Sometimes rubbing cinnamon into the letters and lightly dusting off will make the letters stand out.

dude, Bakersgma, Any Jewelry and 6 others like this.
  3. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Ceramics class?

dude, Bakersgma, Any Jewelry and 4 others like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

somebody smooshed it..........really smooched it...
    it's heavily smooched !!! .......................................................... :playful::playful::playful:

5. necollectors

necollectors Well-Known Member

Does resemble a pottery piece. To achieve this look, clay is extruded flat, then a bowl is place on the table, you take the flattened piece of clay, lay it over and around the bowl and form it.

dude and sabre123 like this.
  6. necollectors

necollectors Well-Known Member

If you look close...there are tiny matrix like dots on the outside of the bowl. When the clay goes into a manual press, the rollers have a canvas type material on them and it leaves that slight impression on the clay. They never smoothed it out.

dude and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It looks like a pottery class project to me too. I am struggling to see Art Nouveau (and failing miserably).

aaroncab, dude, komokwa and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted