Featured Unique drill press.

Discussion in 'Tools' started by RustyDysty, Feb 23, 2024.

1. RustyDysty

RustyDysty New Member

FB marketplace can be a curse but it can be awesome sometimes. Whatever algorithm they use to suggest items showed me a drill press at exactly the right time. The guy had it listed for an hour when I saw it and I was the first to physically see it in person. Had I not bought it he had 3 different buyers from out of state to come get it if I didn't buy it. I only found one clue to its origin from the almighty Google. I love unique items and this fits the bill as possibly one of the first electric drill presses that's self contained and not run off a flat belt. The disc at the top of the quill is its best feature as there is a leather wheel driven by the motor that slides in or out for a variable speed. Originally it was DC powered but thankfully the guy I bought it from made an inverter to run off AC. 20230401_111837.jpg 20230402_082129.jpg Screenshot_20230402_224547_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20240223_210534_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
  2. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Nice looking old bench top drill press. Looks like a newer keyed chuck.

Chinoiserie and sabre123 like this.
  3. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Very cool. Congrats on the purchase

Chinoiserie likes this.
  4. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

I find it disgusting to see the word unique misused so easily and often

5. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Damn son, who pissed in your Cheerios today? Hope you didn't kick the dog too..........

Chinoiserie and komokwa like this.
  6. RustyDysty

RustyDysty New Member

Yea its a new chuck. Probably dings the value but the PO couldn't locate the original in the basement clean out were he found this drill. It was probably a 2 jaw or one to accept diamond shank bits. At any rate it's more usable this way. If I could locate a period correct one I'd be happy because finding the one it came with would be near impossible. I could find no other examples of this drill press for reference. Which is why I used the word "unique" Terry
    ;)

Rayo56, Chinoiserie and komokwa like this.
  7. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

Very stylish. Looks almost art deco in design. It's the most unique drill I've ever seen. :rolleyes:

Rayo56 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted