Two USA Pottery Dishes

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, May 7, 2015.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Any idea of the maker, age and what these were used for?
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KingofThings likes this.
  2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi kard - no idea of maker but they are ashtrays. They've got a California look to me but that's a pure guess.
    Don

3. kardinalisimo

Thanks. How could I not figure they were ashtrays. Hope someone can ID them.

KingofThings likes this.
  4. kardinalisimo

Just bumping, still can't find the same.

5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Any chance there are numbers you might have missed?
    Don

6. kardinalisimo

I am not finding any numbering. Any good place I can ask at? I doubt that they are something very special but the no ID bugs me.

7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Sorry, kard, without a little more to go on I'm afraid I'm stuck. The more I look at them, though, the more I think they are one of the California potteries. Maurice of California is one example of a company that put this kind of item out but it should be better marked if it's one of theirs. No real good sources exist that I'm aware of that identify ashtrays. Most of the books on California pottery focus on figurines. One more possibility that just occurred to me is Haeger. If you need a title to list I'd include "mid-century modern".
    Don

Draft saved Draft deleted