Two Powder Boxes

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Sarajayne, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Sarajayne

Sarajayne Well-Known Member

PwdrBx.jpg PwdrBx1.jpg PwdrBx2.jpg PwdrBx3.jpg PwdrBox1.jpg PwdrBox3.jpg PwdrBox5.jpg I'm pretty sure these are not antique, maybe vintage?? Green one stands 4 1/2" tall to the top of the knob on the lid. I know there is a name instead of knob but can't remember. The opening measures 3 1/2"

The Blue one is 3 1/2" to the top of the knob. The opening is 3." They are very beautiful. Much more so than the pics. What era do you think they are from?

Figtree3 and lauragarnet like this.
  2. Sarajayne

Have no idea why my description is at the bottom of the pics???

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Can't help with the boxes (very pretty) but you have to double check where your cursor is before uploading photos.

lauragarnet likes this.
  4. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

I like it better that way! If there is too much description before the pictures, I always skip it and scroll down to see what is being described. :joyful:
    My first guess would be that they are both Bohemian Glass.
    Second guesses, blue one American with Charleton Roses. Green one Italian Glass.

Yup.

5. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

Is FINIAL the word?

6. Sarajayne

Yep, I think it is called a FINIAL.

Draft saved Draft deleted