TWO DIFFERENT WHISTLES....WHAT ARE THEY?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Aquitaine, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

OK, found out what Kraftblue's and one of mine's were, now for these two.....First one... heavy, 2-3/8 inches long and says "THE METROPOLITAN", PATENT, J.HUDSON & CO., 13 BARR ST., BIRMINGHAM.....straight high pitched whistle.....

THE METROPOLITAN.jpg

This second one's a bugger because it's kind of a 'plastic' or some sort of black hard substance.....VERY HARD TO READ.....2-3/4 inches long and a little lower pitched straight whistle. It almost looks like a "fraternal" org. logo or some such....I just don't know and can't read it well....after/with the whistle I'm also posting an inverted image of the circular printing on it.....

BLACK PLASTIC FEADAN WHISTLE.jpg FEADAN LOGO.jpg

AND, of course, and MOST APPRECIATIVE FOR ANY HELP YOU MAY BE ABLE TO PROVIDE!!! TOTALLY UNDERSTAND if there's nothing to be found!!!!!!!

Bronwen and smallaxe like this.
  2. kraftblue

kraftblue Well-Known Member

3. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Your first is a Police Whistle, I have mine and several others kicking about somewhere.

4. daveydempsey

They were also used by Air Raid Wardens in WWII

5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

DANG TOOTS! THOSE ARE COOL!!

pearlsnblume, Bronwen and i need help like this.
  6. daveydempsey

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

NICE to know!!! SO COOL, in BOTH CASES!!!!!!!! :kiss::kiss: Thanks, Davey!!!!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    daveydempsey likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted