Two and a half pair of Mini Brass Candlesticks - Anything???

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Aquitaine, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Found these in a box of Mom's 'stuff'....they have no markings....I guess/think they are cast (?) ..... absolutely NO clue where she might have gotten them!!! Would they have been simply decorative??? I don't imagine there would be any value beyond maybe $10. or #15. dollars?? Just a WAG. They're heavy little divils!! Dimensions should all be on the FIRST (I hope) image!! All input and comments gratefully appreciated!!!! AS ALWAYS!!!!:):):)

zMiniCandlestix.jpg zMiniCandlestix2.jpg zMiniCandlestix3.jpg zMiniCandlestix4.jpg

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Arent those pretty ! Too big for a dollhouse I would think,the middle pair do look cast though. I wonder if these were actually utilitarian?

Ghopper1924 and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the square one's a likely the heaviest too...

pS...all are nice !!!
    I'm sure there's value there....

5. clutteredcloset49

The two 1s are more of a matched pair, than the 1 & 2 on the right. However, I think they are all singles missing their mates.

6. clutteredcloset49

upload_2017-8-25_20-50-59.png

Having problems adding pictures - sorry

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  7. komokwa

what ?
    the square one's look matched....

8. clutteredcloset49

The square ones are matched. Not the ones I numbered 1 & 2. Picture was posted in thread following the comment.

9. komokwa

However, I think they are all singles missing their mates.

I must have misunderstood your words........

10. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

I have a pair of 3.5" tall brass candlesticks that were my aunt's from childhood - she used them with dolls and doll-sized dishes, tables, etc. NOT as small as dolls house size. Calculating my aunt's age, these would date to circa 1890-1912.

MVC-387S.JPG

MVC-388S.JPG

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  11. Aquitaine

You're absolutely right, Cluttered....how did I miss THAT!!!!! Thanks for catching it!!!! And in going back and looking again at the images.....I believe the "lineup" is correct in the FIRST image.....but WRONG in the LAST image... knew there was a reason I hesitated before posting the last one.....darn!!!!
    2nd Edit: Third image....Bottoms out of order too.....you can see it in the thicknesses.....

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  12. Aquitaine

Thanks Mansons!!! Very similar to mine!! Your bases have little feet and mine do not and yours are 1/2" taller.......NIFTY (if THAT doesn't date me.....!!!)

13. Mansons2005

And thank you for posting this, if only because while taking my photo I realized that I have not done ANYTHING with that rag hanging on the chair to the right...............gonna post it in Giveaways in about an hour.................it do hope it finds a home - and darned soon!!!!!

14. Aquitaine

Well, eBay throws ANY size candlesticks at you when you specify what size you want to see, and they had plenty, just not much in what I wanted to see. Etsy had more to at least look at.....I wasn't too far off in my guesstimate....at least per pair!! Am not sure if mine look older than what I was seeing or not.... Thanks EACH and all for your help!!! I may look into Etsy to see about starting to move some stuff along....knowing that most of my and my DH's relatives are NOT into antiques and old 'stuff'!!!!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::happy::happy: AJ or anyone else have any advise about Etsy???? Thanks again......maybe time to get my feet wet!!!!

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  15. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

I LOVE that little piano Mansons !! .. Joy.

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  16. Mansons2005

Gift from my grandparents when I was a little tyke.......

17. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Very nice :) .. Joy.

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  18. komokwa

19. Mansons2005

"what are those rods in the glass vase.."

believe it or not, only HALF of the knitting needles I have located squirreled away in drawers, boxes, trunks and suitcases of dead relatives....................

komokwa likes this.