Turquoise Wine Decanters

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by andela87, Jul 10, 2015.

1. andela87

andela87 New Member

Hello :)

I don't suppose anyone would know anything about these wine decanters? There is no make or logo stamped anywhere. They were my great grandmother's so I'm interested to see how old they are or if they are something special. They're about 12 inches high not including that stopper.

Look familiar to anyone? Sorry the pictures aren't the best. antique wine decanters.jpg decanters.jpg

gimbler-dave likes this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

What they are are fabulous 1960s glass ,probably Italian,highly popular right now. Those are gorgeous !

andela87 likes this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Italian, probably Empoli made. Fun and funky: I think the one with the stopper is the most saleable.

andela87 likes this.
  4. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Is that Johnson Bros. "Friendly Village" dinnerware all over the place?? That stuff FOLLOWS me...................and I have a small collection of Johnson Bros. Reminds me, I have to post a question about a piece here - If i can find the camera.........

love, Love, LOVE the decanters/art glass

andela87 likes this.
  5. andela87

andela87 New Member

Thank you for the replies everyone! Can you believe I got these because no one else in the family wanted them!? I thought they were gorgeous! :) I did find a few Empoli pieces that looked similar so I'm thinking that must be right.

And yes Mansons2005, that is Friendly Village ;) Another one of those things no one else in the family seemed to want so I inherited :smuggrin:

Tina, yourturntoloveit and Bakersgma like this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The only Friendly Village piece I've ever seen anyone want is the turkey platter.

7. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

LOL! I have seen that turkey platter all over the place -- but never once did one hold a turkey!

8. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

I "cleaned up" selling the platters, pitchers, candle holders, and other serving pieces in this pattern but have had to practically GIVE away the place pieces........I think I still have a few pieces of the COMPLETE SERVICE FOR 12 that I inherited...........a few may be under flower pots as we speak.............

gregsglass likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted