Turks Head Mold ID please

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by jackolin, Nov 5, 2014.

1. jackolin

jackolin Well-Known Member

Do you know the mark/make on this Turks Head Pottery 001.JPG 002 (2).JPG Mold? Thanks for any help!

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I don't know but thought I'd at least let you know I looked :). I checked for marks in Kovel's, Godden's, a little book I have on Rockingham and lastly Lerner's. I only looked for names beginning with S so I could easily have missed it. If I have a bit of time I'll look more if no one else knows it.

Welcome to the Antiquers board!

3. jackolin

That is so kind of you! I appreciate your work, I saw another just like it listed (completed) and they did not know maker either.

4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It was a line called Vincent Price National Treasures, I think by Morton, sold at Sears.
    Janet

5. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Whoa doggies, that "monogram/trademark" has a first-initial representation of all of the words Vincent Price National Treasure Sears. :wideyed:

Great going, Janetpjohn. ;)

6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Yea that P looked a bit like a C with a line crossing the S. Easy to see when you know what you're looking at:D

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  7. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Say_it_slowly, the "P" looked like a "C" with a long line passing to the left of it to me too. But I guess it makes sense because "Price" was the surname and "deserved" a larger presence on the mark.

I wonder if either Mary or Vincent or both came up with or contributed to the design of the "mark/trademark"?

8. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Janet, thank your for the ID, It looked so familiar to me but I was drawing a blank.
    greg

9. jackolin

Thank you very much!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted