T'ung Chih (1862 - 1873)

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Simsim, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Simsim

Simsim New Member

DSC_0628.JPG DSC_0629.JPG Hi!
    I have this small bowl of some kind that I'd like to know a bit more about. I've found a vase of the same kind that sold for about 6000-7000€. Could this one be that expensive too? And if I wanna sell it, what do you thing a suiting price would be? DSC_0631.JPG DSC_0631.JPG DSC_0631.JPG

Attached Files:

Joshua Brown likes this.
  2. Joshua Brown

Joshua Brown Decently-Known-Member

Welcome Simsim, this isn't in my field of knowledge when it comes to antiques but someone should be along soon to answer your questions.:) Thanks for joining!
    Joshua

judy and Simsim like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

A printed paper label, that covers up the base would draw my suspicion.....as a red flag.

Joshua Brown likes this.
  4. Joshua Brown

Joshua Brown Decently-Known-Member

:hilarious::smuggrin::D

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

T'ung Chih is now written Tongzhi. I don't recognize a Tongzhi mark though.
    It is not your usual mark, but I think it is Jiaqing (1796-1820).
    It is a 'famille rose' teabowl. Here is a set of four in the same style, but of a slightly nicer quality than yours:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Group-of-An...070845?hash=item2cbbe77b7d:g:aQkAAOSwMNxXYdMK
    When pricing yours, you have to take into account that there is only one and it is not top quality. A complete set of something is always worth more than just 4x1.

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

By the way, take the label off and see if there is something hidden underneath;).

komokwa and Joshua Brown like this.
  7. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

A common bowl and decoration. As other pointed out of poor quality. Not sure if Jiaqing or Tongzhi. Probably a bit later.
    Can we see that vase of the same kind? It was sold for about 6000-7000, how much exactly? I highly doubt a piece with the same decoration to sell so high.

8. Asian Fever

Asian Fever Well-Known Member

The mark reads"Dun Yu Tang Zhi".
    The name of this kiln is the one I have never heard and I cannot find any reference about it.
    This piece of bowl is most likely made in Guangdong, China in the Republic period (1911-1949) by one particular household or clan for their own use.

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted