Trying to ID vintage Zodiac charms long necklace, P Star mark

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Curioser, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Curioser

Curioser Well-Known Member

I am trying to ID the maker of this very long, vintage, gold-tone chain with medallions or charms for each zodiac sign alternating with textured ball beads. Only one charm has a mark on the back and I have photo'd that, below. It's fancy P in a star with breaks between the points.

I could not find a maker on CJCI marks page here costumejewelrycollectors.com/vintage-costume-jewelry-research. Does anyone know of another site with a good list of CJ marks?

Does anyone know the maker? Or know of any more sites with a costume/silver/or NA jewelry makers' marks?

Thanks! Zodiac_Medallions_long_chain_nk_2small.JPG Zodiac_Medallions_long_chain_nk_4.JPG Zodiac_Medallions_long_chain_nk_6.JPG

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Are you sure that's a necklace? You haven't posted a photograph of the full piece but it looks like the type of hip belt that was popular in the 1970s (in which case you'd be looking for an accessory manufacturer.)

Debora

bluumz likes this.
  3. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Long shot, but try Patti Horn.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

5. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Agree.

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Zodiac symbols. What could be more 1970s?

Debora

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'd agree on belt.

9. Curioser

Hi, this is definitely a necklace at 54" with NO clasp. I looked at Patti Horn jewelry matches on Etsy and many are made of horn. On other sites I found gold-tone satin finish pieces with a P.H. mark and another had Patty Horn with a small closed star. Is that the maker you meant, @Debora? I'm afraid it's not a match, yet.
    I'll look at the tips for ID marks later when I get out of work. Thanks!

10. Curioser

I can't figure out how to use the USPTO.gov trademark search. Does anyone have tips for a total newbie?

Found a few more sites with lists of jewelry mfgrs. marks but none cover the P in Star mark or the other "terminal" or dangle mark I found on a sterling pendant so I'll submit that to the group in a separate message. We so often lament the lack of a maker's mark on a piece that when we find one but can't identify it the situation is doubly frustrating!:banghead:

11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

12. Curioser

I saw that,@Debora, but it stated I need to know the Design Search Code first. So, for a trademark with a star and a P, I used other pages to find 01.01 for a single star. But on the linked page called "Word and/or Design Mark Search", I couldn't find a place to enter the 01.01. So, instead, I entered "Star" in the first search field and "P" in the next. I left "ALL" in place for the two "field" boxes and clicked on the boolean operator "And". I got 6310 matches and there were no images of the marks. To see an image, you have to click on the trademark serial #, one at a time. Maybe I'm using this wrong but I can't see the images so this isn't providing answers. I appreciate your help. Just seems to be beyond my ken.

Draft saved Draft deleted