Trying to ID asian mark on 12" shallow bowl with interesting raised floral design.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gimbler-dave, Jul 10, 2015.

1. gimbler-dave

gimbler-dave Well-Known Member

I don't think this is a real old piece, but it seems like a quality 12" diameter serving piece. It is signed on the underside, but I haven't had any luck in finding the mark. Does anyone recognize it? Thank you! ... Dave
    p.s. Surface is textured, with the floral portion in gentle relief, UNDER the glaze.
    db_floral_1.JPG db_floral_2.JPG db_floral_3.JPG

2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

There are some of these listed on ebay as Arita blue embossed plates, but I don't know what the mark actually says. I do know it's upside down.

tie.dye.cat and gimbler-dave like this.
  3. gimbler-dave

Thank you for the correction on the mark - I was totally lost trying to figure out which side was "up". Here's a corrected view ...
    db_floral_4.JPG

4. gimbler-dave

Fantastic - that's a great lead, some identical looking pieces. Thank you!

5. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    gimbler-dave and Bakersgma like this.
  6. gimbler-dave

Thanks tie.dye.cat - great job tracking down a fairly obscure mark! I found some other auction examples using those keywords. ... Dave

tie.dye.cat likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted