Transferware Pattern Search

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Nicole Stafford, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Nicole Stafford

Nicole Stafford New Member

PXL_20210412_195139875.jpg

PXL_20210412_195308702.jpg
    Hi everyone. I recently picked up this red / pink transferware teapot and creamer set. Both pieces are unmarked, so I can't narrow down to a maker. I have tried researching the print with no results. If anyone is familiar with this pattern, or knows of a great resource to look into, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Nicole

komokwa and Ce BCA like this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Here is a link to more info. It's a download so I'll include the most relevant info for people who don't want to download.

https://images.app.goo.gl/1ZGhA2RoBbVnrDvQA

upload_2021-4-12_17-10-54.jpeg

Sugar, no lid, size unknown, unmarked. This was originally part of a tea service. The pieces were produced in green only and pink only as well as the two-color seen here. The pink additional image has the mark seen here. The border consists of medallions with angular sides. Some have flowers and others a cornucopia or shell shaped object. The two deer are in the grass in front of the ruined arch from a Gothic cathedral. Through the arch, a distant church can be seen. WilliamsWeberII1986 illustrate a saucer in the pattern on p. 189. It is marked with a large letter D used by Thomas Dimmock & Co.
    Thomas Dimmock & Co. 1828–1859 Hanley Staffordshire

Bakersgma and Ce BCA like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted