Train Watercolor By Mexican Artist Gguillermo Garza Galindo

Discussion in 'Art' started by kardinalisimo, Jul 29, 2014.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

The guy seems to have skills but I am not finding any art for sale or past auctions by him. Any idea if his paintings are selling good or just a "famous" local artist.
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

"Autor" is author in Spanish, so could it be he wrote what's above his name but isn't the artist?

3. rro2000

rro2000 Active Member

4. kardinalisimo

Probably by author they mean artist. The painting is signed with GGG so definately done by him.
    I saw that link and few other websites but not many images of his art available. There are two past auctions on artprice but don'thave subscription there.

5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I really love that steam engine. When I first glanced at the watercolor I thought it was a tinted photograph. Need more coffee.
    greg

6. kardinalisimo

At first I thought it was a print. The details are very finly painted. But from what I undestand that guy painted nothing but trains, railroads etc.
    I may email that mexlist website, they may know more about him and his art.

7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's an easy sell if you list this. Train nuts would be all over it. The engine is a 1918 Mikado - 2-8-2 wheel arrangement. There are still a lot of fans of those big Alco engines.

8. kardinalisimo

9. kardinalisimo

I am guessing the subject sells well, don't know if the artist's name would contribute.

10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

In a case like this, it's not really a factor. A genuine Freeman Fogg would command a healthy price, but no one makes reprint calendars out of this guy. In case you're wondering, my late father was a hard core rail nut. I'm no expert, but a lot rubbed off.

Draft saved Draft deleted