Tongzhi? dish or guangxu?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jose Deleon, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Jose Deleon

Jose Deleon Active Member

Ok guys what everyone opinion? The official kiln was destroyed in xianfeng & tongzhi but in xianfeng 6th year they made a qianjiang tile. Also many of provanal(spell check) & private kiln jingdezhen wasn't the only kiln. Many folk kiln was out & made. Tongzhi had official bday plates made those are official. Can you really see xianfeng & tongzhi period not making 1 single porcelain? I can't gasped that knowing others kiln. Now the bowl is mine & is painted very good for its size & painted good not as fine in Sotheby's but good. I have a real guangxu period plate with a central dragon & ball as well but the ball is not as good as this dish. The books always talk about this & that never minyao ware like this. Never no good answer just Republic lol I need opinion because I think is 1874/1870s I refuse to say late qing in dating. Late qing seems to me to easy to date a hard items they even had a period

Attached Files:

Aquitaine and KikoBlueEyes like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted