tiny cut glass whiskey decanter

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Rclinftl, Aug 28, 2023.

1. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

it is tiny - cut glass - exceptional quality - etched with "WHISKEY" - oval cut patterns - polished bottom - anyone ever seen anything like this - it is tiny - only measures 4" tall X 2 1/2" diameter whisk.jpg whisk2.jpg whisk3.jpg whisk4.jpg whisk5.jpg

komokwa and silverbell like this.
  2. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

No idea, but I sure do like it! I hope someone else can tell us as I'm very curious about it. My initial reaction was either high end barware or the type of item used to serve whiskey to individuals in a gentleman's club. But that may be just my fantasy, not reality.

komokwa and silverbell like this.
  3. silverbell

silverbell Well-Known Member

The latter, of course. Definitely. Elegantly starched waiter bowing gracefully...

bercrystal and komokwa like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

would that have had a stopper???
    it's too cute !

5. silverbell

silverbell Well-Known Member

Of course it has a stopper. The waiter has it in his graceful paw!

bercrystal and komokwa like this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

These are actually for water to be added as a few drops to the whisky. I’ve seen a few of them.

Those of us who worship the single malt water of life know that a whisky is opened up joyously with the addition of the merest tad of water.

poisson-rouge and bercrystal like this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

damit , that makes sense.....and I even remember seeing folks served in that manner at a club..

Draft saved Draft deleted