Tiffany & Co silver pin

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Dimitrov, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Dimitrov

Dimitrov Member

Здравейте! Радвам се, че съм тук, благодаря за посрещането! Бих искал да споделя с вас тази сребърна игла Tiffany&Co. Според мен датировката му е приблизително 1900-1920г. Искам ако е възможно да споделя малко актуална информация за него - период, рядкост и евентуално цена! Поздравления!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
  2. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

Members are going to need a closer look at the Tiffany mark I think.

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Translated from Bulgarian by Bing.

Well hello! Glad to be here, thanks for the welcome! I would like to share with you this silver needle Tiffany&Co. In my opinion, its date is approximately 1900-1920. I want if possible to share some up-to-date information about it - period, rarity and possibly price! Congratulations!

kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Bakersgma

Welcome, Dimitrov. Your item appears to be a pincushion not a pin. And as Lark has suggested above, we do need a larger picture of the marking.

Any Jewelry and DragonflyWink like this.
  5. Bakersgma

I managed to increase the size and can now see that the marking is "silver soldered" meaning the item is silver plated and not sterling silver.

6. Dimitrov

Dimitrov Member

Yes, thanks, I will upload pictures!

7. Dimitrov

Dimitrov Member

The metal has been filed acid tested and reacts to silver!

8. Bakersgma

Silver plate is a layer of pure silver over a base metal. It is not solid sterling silver. The term silver soldered for silver plate is very common in the USA where this was made.

Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
  9. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Regardless of test results, this piece is, as already said, silverplate, the stamp reads 'SILVER-SOLDERED-E.P.', the 'E.P.' indicating 'Electro-Plate'...

~Cheryl

10. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

From the Carpenters' book 'Tiffany Silver' (1978):

tiffany-electroplate-marks-Carpenter.jpg

~Cheryl

11. Dimitrov

Dimitrov Member

Thanks for the comprehensive information! Thanks to you I was able to date the object!

Draft saved Draft deleted