Featured Tienhuaugh from Shoushan Village

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Desertau, Aug 24, 2024.

1. Desertau

Desertau Well-Known Member

Here is a piece of stone called the king of stones in China much more valuable than Hetian jade because it is much more rare. It can be confusing because there is a lot of material for sale claiming to be Tienhaugh but in fact is stone different chemically and mined at a different location where supplies are plentiful.

This article explains it better than I can, https://www.chinese-jade-art.com/2019/11/shoushan-tianhuang-king-of-stones.html

This piece is from the late Quin Dynasty.
    IMG_2024-08-24-081942.jpeg IMG_2024-08-24-081918.jpeg IMG_2024-08-24-081835.jpeg

More information from Mindat, https://www.mindat.org/min-40495.html

Last edited: Aug 24, 2024
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I love Shoushan stone, I think I have posted about it a few times. Not jade, but spectacular and very collectible.

3. Desertau

You are absolutely correct Shoushan Stone but the important distinction is Tienhaugh Shoushan Stone vs the all imposters.

4. Desertau

I see we quoted the same article, the example you linked to is beautiful this piece better quality I think.

5. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

Are those beads of the same material? May we see the whole enchilada, please?

Desertau likes this.
  6. Desertau

No, the beads are old amber, my wife made the necklace. The beads came from the same dealer 20 years ago as the prehistoric Baltic insect Amber rings I posted before.
    IMG_2024-08-24-114456.jpeg

Most important according to my wife is a radish texture to the stone and even color. IMG_2024-08-24-114526.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 24, 2024
  7. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

:woot:Fascinating! Thank you for your educational post!

Any Jewelry, Desertau and wlwhittier like this.
  8. Desertau

Thank you, but credit has to go to Any Jewelry I saw after posting she beat me to it by by a long shot.

kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

She did a great job, it is a perfect combo.
    I am a sucker for Shoushan stone, it is magic.:happy:
    I believe I posted info a couple of times. I think khl889 did too, but am not sure.

kyratango and Desertau like this.
  10. Desertau

You did I have read a couple at least, I’ll say again you know your stuff no question about that for sure.

11. Desertau

Loquat color and radish pattern/texture. The radish texture is a main visual characteristic identifying genuine Tianhuang IMG_2024-08-28-084315.png IMG_2024-08-28-084224.png

kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  12. Any Jewelry

Thank you for showing us, the comparison is simple but effective.:)

kyratango and Desertau like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted