Thrift store find - Leonardo Nierman A/P. Also unsigned plywood boards w/similar art - by him too?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Sep 13, 2022.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

This came into a local thrift store yesterday morning. It is a A/P by Mexican artist Leonardo Nierman (image search shows it's called Espuma (Foam).
    Last week the store got in a large amount of big plywood boards with similar looking art but they are unsigned. I looked for anything about Nierman doing anything on large wood pieces but couldn't find anything - has anyone heard of him using large pieces of wood to paint on?

ART PRINT LEONARDO NIERMAN 1AA.JPG ART PRINT LEONARDO NIERMAN 2AA.JPG ART PRINT LEONARDO NIERMAN 3AA.JPG ART PRINT LEONARDO NIERMAN 5AAA RESIZED.JPG ART PRINT LEONARDO NIERMAN 9AA.JPG

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

3. journeymagazine

Yes but it's signed; these aren't signed - could they be his?

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

May we see an example of what you're referring to?

Debora

5. journeymagazine

They're at my friend's store. I'll try to get a few tomorrow.

6. Mark London

Mark London Well-Known Member

I sold a number of Nierman oils decades ago. The signature on the print is rather "uncomfortable" and a wonky signature combined with a/p should always ring alarm bells.

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

There's a lot of similars floating around and this one, for instance, was purchased at a gallery in Caesars Palace Forum Shops according the seller.

Debora

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 12.18.09 PM.png

8. journeymagazine

Draft saved Draft deleted